If you are looking to veganize a baking recipe, you can substitute with an option other than the typical egg substitute made with potato and tapioca starch. A flax seed product works well with added health benefits - fiber and essential fatty acids. First, you’ll need to grind whole flax seeds into a powder that tends to be somewhat oily. The food has a distinctive nutty taste, so it is a tasty substitute in things like muffins, oatmeal cookies and pancakes.
1. Measure 1 tablespoon of flax seed to replace one egg and grind it in a blender or coffee grinder.
2. Add ground flax seed to a small bowl with 3 tablespoons of water and whisk.
3. Allow the mixture to thicken by sitting for two to three minutes before you use it in your recipe.
- wecutthelegsoffourpants likes this
- veganbandits likes this
- yayvegannnnnnnn reblogged this from travegan
- vegandiaryy reblogged this from thispaige
- leben-ist-schoen reblogged this from travegan
- atasteofava likes this
- chubbyvegann reblogged this from travegan
- frickscale likes this
- ragabageshri likes this
- beheaded-breadman likes this
- whenthesmokeevaporated likes this
- thispaige reblogged this from travegan
- celiasucks likes this
- lynnberly likes this
- travegan posted this